Bed bug control that actually works
Bed bugs are a pervasive pest, that plague a number of houses. The main cause is due to negligence when travelling. Bed bugs are able to hide in the folds of mattresses, in alarm clocks, bedside tables and inside your suitcase. Bringing them inside your home can prove to be a tough problem, as recently, bed bugs are evolving; they’re slowly becoming immune to certain insecticides. This is especially true for bed bug eggs as the egg casing is almost impenetrable. However, Flick Anticimex has a variety of innovative treatments that work around these obstacles.
From Preparation to Treatment
How do I need to prepare my home for a bed bug treatment?
One the day of treatment, please consider the following:
- Avoid the affected area and do not remove anything from the rooms. Leave this to the bedbug control specialists. Also, do not undertake a major cleaning of the infested area.
- Do not move your mattresses and furniture around when your home is being treated for bedbugs.
- Follow any advice related to the treatment process that our technicians might provide, as doing so can lead to quicker results.
- Do not enter the area being treated until our service technician gives the all clear to do so.
- Avoid vacuuming or swabbing the treated areas until the treatment program has been completed. Your service technician will advise you about this.
How do bed bug inspections work?
Before any treatment is to be applied, our technician must conduct a lengthy and thorough inspection of your home. This will ensure that the treatment is applied to all necessary areas. Flick Anticimex offers two forms of bed bug inspections: technician inspections, or detection dog inspections also known as our K9 Unit. A follow-up visit will be required within a week to inspect and re-treat where necessary.
Learn about K9 Unit
What methods are used to control bed bugs?
We offer a variety of methods, which can be categorised into two categories:
Back to Preparation
- Chemical Treatments – For chemical treatments, our technicians will apply a residual product to known bed bug harbourage areas. Typically, this mist application will be carried out on all floor surfaces, edges, cracks and joints in walls, furniture and fixtures, bed head and bed base, mattress and other upholstery. Dust formulations may also be used in certain areas.
- Non Chemical Treatments – If you’re interested in a non-chemical treatment for bed bugs, we recommend our Bed Bug Heat Treatment. For more information on our Bed Bug Heat Treatment, click here.
Professional versus DIY pest control
Unfortunately, there are no home remedies that can successfully rid you of bed bugs. In order to get eliminate an infestation without resorting to harmful pesticides, specialist knowledge about where they hide, multiply and flourish is needed. Flick Anticimex possesses years of experience and is equipped with the latest and most effective pest eradication methods and technologies. Full cooperation from your entire household is necessary to achieve the best results.
After travelling, thoroughly inspect suitcase before bringing indoors
Wash bed sheets and clothes at minimum 60°C
Freeze any suspicious items, like alarm clocks, for at least 24 hours