There are many pest control businesses on the market, but how do you pick the right one? Find out how you can choose the right pest control provider for your home by reading below!
All pest control companies should have the basic licenses to handle and apply pest control chemicals; this includes both pest control technicians and trainees. If you overlook this important detail, you could be putting your home and health at risk! There are different licensing regulations for pest control according to each state and territory. To find out which licenses are needed, click here.
Certifications and affiliations are important. Affiliation with the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association (AEPMA), HACCP certification, and PestCert certification are all good signs.
Don’t be afraid to ask your potential pest control provider the following questions:
- How long have they been in the business?
- What certifications does their business have/licenses do the technicians have?
Before booking a pest control treatment, ask the company the following questions:
- What are some pre and post-treatment actions to take?
- What warranty do they offer for their different services?
- What customer care process is in place if I’m unhappy with the service?
If the company fails to do so or are secretive with their information, this might be a bad sign. The conditions which provide you with a guarantee for their work is also important. Find out what you must do to uphold the warranty.
Accidents happen. Any pest control company is vulnerable to making mistakes on the job, but what’s important is how they deal with the damage done to property and/or possessions. So, don’t forget to ask them:
- What happens in the event of damage to property/possessions?
- What insurance can you provide?
Ask around. Talk to friends, neighbours or family who has dealt with this company before. Don’t forget to check online for customer reviews, like on Google.
While many people look for companies with the lowest prices, lowest prices don’t guarantee quality services. Beware of pest control providers who:
- Are misleading or deceptive in their advertising/promotions (e.g. bash other companies, use the name of a bigger pest control provider to attract customers, etc.)
- Are known for ‘unconscionable conduct’ e.g. not properly explaining terms and conditions to non-English speakers, target elders and infirm persons, not providing enough time to read agreements, etc.
- Ensure one pest control treatment will solve all your pest problems
Flick Anticimex is Australia’s oldest and one of the most trusted pest control companies, providing pest control services since 1918. If you’re looking for reliable pest control, call your local branch at + 1300 270 019.
Enjoyed this article?
If you found this article helpful, sign up for our free Quartlery Newsletter to receive all our tips and tricks on pest control and washroom hygiene.Sign Me Up!
Our Latest Articles
Why You Should Invest in Hand Dryers for Your Washroom
Preparing for Spider Control Treatment
End of Lease Flea and Tick Spray
Winter Rodent Control made Easy with SMART Digital Pest Control
Dangers of DIY Pest Control
How to Safely Remove a Wasp from Indoors
Liquid Defence Barrier System
How to Prepare for Bed Bug Pest Control