Sick of mould? Or are you getting sick from mould? Winter is here and the cold conditions are ideal for mould to breed, thanks to three consecutive seasons of heavy rain across Eastern Australia, so it’s important to know how to stop mould from taking hold.

Whether you’re a homeowner or renting, here’s the Flick guide to getting rid of dangerous mould for good with an innovative, non-toxic process.

What causes mould?

Mould is a fungus that loves growing in damp and poorly ventilated areas. It reproduces by airborne spores that can resettle on moist, plant-based materials such as wood, wallpaper or plasterboard. Growth is more likely in cold or humid conditions.

Removing the source of the moisture is an important preventative – such as stopping leaks and installing proper ventilation. Responsibility for mould problems can be problematic for some tenants with inattentive landlords.

Many apartment buildings and residential homes are also still struggling structurally with ongoing dampness thanks to the prolonged wet weather.

What health problems can mould cause?

Mould health issues

Mould can trigger allergy or cold and flu-like symptoms, such as a runny nose, irritated skin, watery eyes and wheezing.

Prolonged exposure can increase the risk of severe infections, which usually target the lungs and impact the respiratory system – particularly problematic for asthmatics and small children.

How can it be removed – and prevented from coming back?

Flick’s professional mould specialists are trained to treat mould safely and effectively, protecting residents from mould residue.

Our fogging treatment is a holistic, 3-in-1 technique to nix mould for good. Here’s how it works:

  • Step #1: The non-toxic fog eradicates visible mould
  • Step #2: It kills airborne mould spores
  • Step #3: It provides an antimicrobial coating for surfaces, creating a barrier to stop mould from growing back.

The fine mist is distributed into the air throughout the entire internal environment. Thanks to its non-toxic composition, it requires minimal downtime and residents can re-enter one hour after treatment.

Is mould keeping you awake at night? Don’t try to remove it yourself. You’re your local Flick experts on 13 14 40 for a free quote visit

Book A Service Now

Book us for an inspection today and safeguard your home!