It is very common for people to interchange the words poisonous and venomous. Venomous means that the Huntsman spider bite is harmful, while poisonous means that consuming a Huntsman spider is dangerous.

Poisonous or Venomous or Both?

To clear this up, the Huntsman spider is venomous but not at a level that is harmful to people. Even when bitten, most people simply experience a small amount of pain at the site of the Huntsman bite. The exception to this would be a person with an allergy to the venom, which can produce a more significant reaction.

However, the question “Are Huntsman spiders poisonous”? is more critical, particularly for those with children. Infants and toddlers may find the Huntsman spider intriguing. If children put the spider in their mouth and ingest the arachnid, there is a risk for the child. The younger the child, the more significant the risk.

Huntsman Spider Facts

A Huntsman spider is not dangerous to adults. Typically, they are more likely to run away if they have an exit route. These are spiders that do not weave a web but hunt their prey by roaming the area, which often puts them in close proximity to people in their homes.

The answer to the question of do Huntsman spiders bite is definitely a yes, but only if provoked or threatened. The best way to avoid having to worry about the Huntsman spider being poisonous or venomous is to treat your property to eliminate any spiders.

Call Flick today to protect your home and family against spiders.

Book A Service Now

Book us for an inspection today and safeguard your home!