7 Ways to Combat Mosquitoes
With spring and summer back, so are the annoying mosquitoes! Protect you and your family with these 7 tips. For mosquito control help, call us at 1300 270 019!
Recent headlines and news reports about the Zika Virus has raised concerns and awareness about mosquitoes (refer to our press release – Australians to be hit with the Zika Virus Crisis).
When considering what can be done to combat these invasive little disease-carrying intruders, we should begin at home by modifying the environment and making the property or site less mosquito friendly.
If there is water catchment areas, causeways, ponds, creeks, swamps, settling ponds, water courses, hollow trees or wetlands (mosquito breeding sites), contact your council to find out what is being done to reduce the incidence of mosquito in your area by your local authorities.
Closer to home though, there are pro-active measures you can take to reduce the likelihood of mosquitoes ruining your work, family and leisure time.
- Proof or seal off gaps and holes in the building exteriors where mosquitoes can gain entry inside.
- Attach weather strips to the bottom of doors where gaps appear.
- Ensure all windows and doors have tight fitting insect screens.
Eliminate Mosquito Breeding Sites where possible:
- Ensure blocked gutters are cleared.
- Water tanks must be screened.
- Remove old water holding containers and rubbish like bottles, water tanks, tins, old tyres, rubbish, etc.
- Keep empty birdbaths, bromeliads and other objects which can hold water & provide a breeding medium.
For the PDF version of this post, click here.
Enjoyed this article?
If you found this article helpful, sign up for our free Quartlery Newsletter to receive all our tips and tricks on pest control and washroom hygiene.Sign Me Up!
Our Latest Articles
Types of Businesses in Need of Commercial Pest Control Services
The Most Dangerous Spiders in Newcastle
Residential and Commercial Pest Control Services in Bayside
12 Days of Flickmas – Home Protection Subscriber Christmas Giveaway 2023
Spider Season Swings into Dubbo
The Dangers of a Funnel-Web Spider Bite
What to Do Before and After Pest Control Treatment in Horsham
Encounters with Huntsman Spiders: Your first clue to look out for other pests
El Nino’s Impact on Pests