7 Ways to Combat Mosquitoes
With spring and summer back, so are the annoying mosquitoes! Protect you and your family with these 7 tips. For mosquito control help, call us at 1300 270 019!
Recent headlines and news reports about the Zika Virus has raised concerns and awareness about mosquitoes (refer to our press release – Australians to be hit with the Zika Virus Crisis).
When considering what can be done to combat these invasive little disease-carrying intruders, we should begin at home by modifying the environment and making the property or site less mosquito friendly.
If there is water catchment areas, causeways, ponds, creeks, swamps, settling ponds, water courses, hollow trees or wetlands (mosquito breeding sites), contact your council to find out what is being done to reduce the incidence of mosquito in your area by your local authorities.
Closer to home though, there are pro-active measures you can take to reduce the likelihood of mosquitoes ruining your work, family and leisure time.
- Proof or seal off gaps and holes in the building exteriors where mosquitoes can gain entry inside.
- Attach weather strips to the bottom of doors where gaps appear.
- Ensure all windows and doors have tight fitting insect screens.
Eliminate Mosquito Breeding Sites where possible:
- Ensure blocked gutters are cleared.
- Water tanks must be screened.
- Remove old water holding containers and rubbish like bottles, water tanks, tins, old tyres, rubbish, etc.
- Keep empty birdbaths, bromeliads and other objects which can hold water & provide a breeding medium.
For the PDF version of this post, click here.
Enjoyed this article?
If you found this article helpful, sign up for our free Quartlery Newsletter to receive all our tips and tricks on pest control and washroom hygiene.Sign Me Up!
Our Latest Articles
Why Your FMCG Business Should Invest in SMART Digital Pest Control
Mould Removal Services for Ballina
Why Get Professional Pest Control
Why You Should Invest in SMART Digital Rodent Monitoring for Your Home
Tips for Early Rodent Detection
Pre-Construction Termite Protection
Automatic or Manual Hand Drying- Which Is Better?
Top 5 Ways to Prevent Cockroaches
Benefits of Annual Termite Inspection