Cockroach season is about to start… are you prepared? [us_btn text=”13 14 40″ link=”url:tel:131440|||” size=”18px”] [us_btn text=”Contact your Flick Team” link=”url:/contact-us/|||” color=”secondary” size=”18px”]
The warmer weather combined with the recent Spring rain has created the perfect breeding conditions for cockroaches.
Cockroaches are common to most commercial premises and can pose serious health and financial risks.
10 tips to help prevent a cockroach infestation at your workplace:
- Do not leave dirty dishes in the kitchen sink overnight
- Keep workstations free from food scraps
- Instruct staff to keep all food in the refrigerator or sealed containers
- Ensure all garbage is regularly removed from the premises
- Install tight-fitting fly screens and draft excluders on doors to seal up gaps
- Clean out gutters regularly
- Repair leaking taps
- Keep grass around your property cut short
- Don’t leave cardboard boxes, bags or other debris lying around
- Book regular pest inspections with a reputable pest controller
For the PDF version of this post, click here.
Enjoyed this article?
If you found this article helpful, sign up for our free Quartlery Newsletter to receive all our tips and tricks on pest control and washroom hygiene.Sign Me Up!
Our Latest Articles
Spring Cleaning – Pest Prevention Tips
Stop The Infestation: Where Are Ants Hiding in Your Home?
Bugs in the BBQ
Pest Spotlight: European Wasps!
How to remove a wasp from your home!
3 Signs of Bed Bugs People Can miss!
Is it poisonous? How to tell if a pest you have will poison you!
How to remove a tick
What do coffee, Washrooms and Pest control have in common